PILOT TO PILOT PODCAST EP 27 FT JIM KRECEK AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER & PRIVATE PILOT
What is going on Avination, this week I am talking with Jim Krecek. Jim is an Aeronautical engineer and current Private Pilot.
In this episode Jim and I talk about.
- How Jim is the first pilot in his family.
- How flight simulator helped Jim decide to get his pilots license.
- How Jim's competitive drive fueled him to get his license done as fast as possible.
- What it is like being a Collegiate athlete and flying at the same time.
- How it is very easy to find information on how to become a pilot.
- Why Jim put off his training.
- How Jim took his PPL check-ride in 51 hours.
- What it was like to be the fastest student to solo at his flight school.
- Talk about what it is like being student-athlete and pilot at the same time.
- Why Jim felt comfortable to solo in such a short time.
- What his solo was like.
- I share a story from my first solo.
- What the hardest part of Jim's training was.
- How you learn from your mistakes.
- I talk about a 135 Single pilot IFR story.
- How aviation is all about how you handle adversity.
- How he prepared for his PPL Check-ride.
- Why it is important to show airmanship on your check-rides.
- We talk about what it is like to be an Aeronautical engineer.
- How you don’t have to be a pilot to be in aviation
- There are a ton of jobs in the aviation industry
- Make sure you can get a first class medical before you spend thousands of dollars on your training.
- Why we both love flying over Chicago.
Avination, thank you for listening to today's episode. If you enjoyed it, please let me know! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me on Instagram @pilottopilot. Also, make sure to check out the Pilot to Pilot patreon page.
Get your free Audible trial at audibletrial.com/pilottopilot.