Avination, the Pilot to Pilot podcast is back. Episode 51 features Jason Miller from The Finer Points. I this episode Jason and I talk about.
- Why Jason wanted to become a pilot.
- How Flight Simulator played a role in his passion for aviation.
- Jason’s initial goals when he got into aviation.
- Jason talks about how he got into aviation and how he didn’t know where to start.
- We talk about what it is like to get into aviation back in the ’90s and not having a family in aviation.
- How Jason quickly found out what his calling was when he was working line service.
- How you can have a good career in aviation no matter what route you choose.
- How moving to California showed him you can make a career out of instructing.
- We talk about why I didn’t want to be an instructor.
- Why it is important to not focus on flight hours when instructing.
- How Jason considers his instructing an art.
- Jason talks about what his hardest check ride was.
- How Jason got into an argument with his DPE about a regulation.
- How Jason deals with a rogue DPE.
- Jason gives us some secrets to passing a check ride.
- Why Jason doesn’t want to be an examiner.
- Don’t low ball your hourly rate and charge a premium.
- Don’t waste the debrief.
- We talk about whether it is smart to start brand new students with Foreflight or not.
- Jason talks about The Finer Points and why he started the podcast in 2005.
- Jason talks about the value of Youtube.
- How Jason handles his videos with the FAA on the watch.
- Why Jason thinks we are entering a “Golden age” of aviation.
- Jason gives three tips that every new CFI should use to become a great CFI.
- Why you can’t be the best and the cheapest!
Thank you for listening to the Pilot to Pilot podcast. If you enjoyed it please leave a review on iTunes and make sure to check out our Patreon page!