PILOT TO PILOT PODCAST EP 023 FT DANIEL BAKER: FLIGHTAWARE CEO
What is going on Avination?!
Today, I am talking with FlightAware CEO Daniel Baker. Get to know more about Daniel and why he created one of my favorite aviation apps in FlightAware
In today’s episode we talk about.
- How FlightAware is used by everyone, not just avgeeks.
- How It’s crazy to think there used to be a time where we didn’t track our flights.
- Why he created FlightAware.
- We talk about how FlightAware has grown.
- What Daniel loves about aviation.
- How the iPad has changed the aviation industry.
- How one day you’ll need an endorsement for steam gauges.
- The things FlightAware can do are amazing.
- What it was like learning to fly in a class charlie airport.
- What frustrated him in his training.
- Why flight schools should give you an accurate price for your training.
- How easy it is to lose your instrument proficiency.
- Why he loves Instrument flying.
- How shiny jet syndrome is a real thing.
- Why it is important to enjoy your flight training.
- What it is like to fly in China.
- Rapid Fire questions.
- What Daniel truly loves about aviation.
- Why you have to prepare yourself for every situation.
- No matter how safe of a pilot you are there will always be a time you have to deal with some kind of failure.
- How and Why I use FlightAware.
- Daniel answers the questions you have for him.
- Why setting expectations are key in aviation.
Avination, thank you for listening to today's episode. If you enjoyed it, please let me know! Email me at email@example.com or reach out on Instagram @pilottopilot.