We lost a member of the aviation community a few weeks ago. Please head to ISWAPand consider donating to the Francesca Norris scholarship.
Avination, welcome back to episode 70 of the Pilot to Pilot podcast. Today, I am talking with Christina Brown who is the founder and creator of Aviation Wellness. Aviation Wellness is something that needs to be talked about in aviation, I hope this episode can be a step in the right direction and helping aviators take care of themselves physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- How Christina ran into my dad at the airport.
- How Christina originally had no interest in getting into aviation
- Christina's dad is an airline pilot.
- Christina used to work as a private yacht stewardess.
- Why she switched from yachts to planes.
- What Christina's first flight was like as a flight attendant.
- What is more luxurious, a private plane or private yacht?
- How a flight attendant has to be good at reading body language.
- How corporate aviation was the next logical step.
- Christina talks about pilots from a flight attendants perspective.
- How many passengers does Christina serve at one time?
- We talk about the private aviation industry and schedules.
- Christina talks about Aviation Wellness and why she started this community.
- How to reset your thoughts on health and wellness.
- Why creating a Facebook page was the first step.
- We talk about how mental issues can be taboo in the aviation industry.
- Why it's hard to make healthy decisions when you are tired.
- The first step to change is believing that you can.
- The difficulties of living in a world of instant gratification.
- What Christina has learned from creating Aviation Wellness.
- Christina's ultimate goal for Aviation Wellness.
- The power of not knowing that you are alone in your struggle.
- The importance of talking about your struggles and flaws.
- Comparison is the thief of happiness.
- Accountability is huge for aviation wellness.
Thanks for listening to episode 70 of the Pilot to Pilot podcast. If you haven't already, please leave a review on iTunes and please tell all your friends to support the show on Patreon!