Avination, have you ever wondered what it is like to fight fires in an airplane? Well, here is your chance to find out. Some of the things Chris and I talk about are...
- How Chris is a second generation pilot
- Aviation wasn’t his first career choice.
- Chris moved to North Carolina to pursue a career in racing.
- How a phone call from his dad convinced him to become a pilot.
- How he started out his aviation career by loading ag planes.
- Chris talks about timber season for ag pilots.
- Chris talks about his experience with the flight schools he dealt with.
- Chris tells a story about what you shouldn’t do as an instructor with a new IFR student.
- Chris talks about the struggles he had in his Instrument training.
- We talk about how radio coms can be difficult for a young pilot.
- We talk about the benefits of going on a flight to observe other students
- Chris talks about the goals he had while he was in his training.
- How and why Chris always wanted to fly in the fire industry.
- Chris talks about how someone can become an ag or SEATs pilot.
- How the ag and fire fighting industry will be needing pilots badly.
- We talk about pay for a fire fighting pilot.
- Chris talks about what fires are the worst to fight.
- We talk about last years horrible fire season.
- How Chris and I knew each other from flight school in Charlotte, NC.
- Chris and I both took the ATP - CTP course together.
- Chris talks about a day in the life of a Fire fighting pilot.
- We get into the most take off and landings he has had in a day.
- We talk about the threats they face while flying.
I hope you enjoyed the early access to episode 61. If you did please leave a review on iTunes (we are so close to 300) and make sure to share the podcast with everyone you know!!