Avination, welcome back to the Pilot to Pilot podcast episode 57 featuring Jim Sorsby aka Captain Moonbeam. Jim has an incredible story and it is one that you will not want to miss. Avination, I need your help, I want to get this podcast in as many pilots ears as possible. Make sure you are sharing this with all your aviation friends!
Some of the things Jim and I talk about are...
- How Jim got hooked on Aviation.
- Why Jim convinced himself aviation was too expensive.
- Jim was 28 when he started his training.
- Took Jim took Jim 2 years to get his PPL
- What Jim did to make money before he became a pilot.
- Why Jim quit his day job with only his PPL.
- How and why Jim quit regionals.
- Why it is important pilots know the history of aviation hiring.
- Jim doesn’t believe someone should pay for a type rating.
- Jim talks about working full time while he was training
- Jim talks about failing two check rides.
- Talks about an examiner voluntarily turning in his ticket.
- What Jim's mentality was like after he failed his first check ride.
- How a failed check ride is nothing more than a learning experience.
- How people create their own limitations.
- Network, network, network
- How a lot of jobs never make it to job boards.
- Talks about the different types of flying Jim has done in his career.
- Jim lists about every plane that he has ever flown.
- We find out why Jim made his Youtube channel
- Why Jim still has to force himself to make sure he films himself in his videos.
- Jim answers your questions.
- We talk about being careful about building your time
I hope you enjoyed today's episode. Make sure to leave a review on iTunes and check out our website!