Special shoutout to today's sponsor AOPA Pilot Protection Services. Don't leave the ground without AOPA's Pilot Protection Services. Find out more information by visiting AOPA's Pilot Protection Services website
Avination, this is a big episode!! A few weeks ago, I sat down and recorded an episode with Captain Joe. It was great to talk with him and find out more about his story and about Joe as a person.
Some things Joe and I talked about during this episode...
- How Joe’s childhood dream was not to become a pilot
- Joe was the first pilot in his family.
- Joe talks about his first flight in a small airplane.
- Joe talks about how he studied dentistry for a few semesters before leaving for a flight school in Austria.
- Joe is jealous of current flight students in Florida.
- What would have been if Joe became a dentist?
- How Joe’s first love wasn’t flying.
- Joe talks about what it is like to be the first pilot in your family.
- Joe talks about the support of his family on his aviation journey.
- What it is like to work for an airline that went out of business.
- Why European flight students are sent to the States for their training.
- Joe talks about VFR flying in Germany.
- Joe breaks down how he attained his ratings.
- What Joe struggled most within his training.
- We talk about the differences in training between Europe and the States.
- Joe talks about how you have to have luck in aviation.
- How Joe was able to get his first job in aviation.
- Joe talks about how you should work in aviation to create connections while you are in your training.
- How most pilots want to help other pilots succeed.
- Joe talks about his favorite type of flying.
- Joe talks about the decline of Air Berlin.
- We talk about the dark side of aviation and what you don’t see from your favorite Instagram pilots.
- Joe gets into his freight flying schedule.
- We talk about negative comments we can get from haters.
- Joe talks about how he doesn’t like the word influencer.
- Why Joe created Captain Joe.
Avination, I hope you truly enjoyed this episode. If you did, please make sure to share it with all your friends, avgeeks or not.
Let me know what you think below!